One of my comics (above) currently at exhibition in “A Shared Universe: The Art of Comic Books" at Strathmore in Bethesda, MA was mentioned in an article over at The Washington Post covering the exhibit yesterday.
If you’re interested in comics as a career, check out the student art. Be sure to look for “The Evolution of the Cartoonist” by Rachel Dukes, who recently graduated from the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont. In this comic strip, Dukes shows how a female artist grows and finds an audience over time. In the first two panels, she is a child and then a teenager whose comics are made fun of by parents and kids. The third panel reveals something different: a smiling woman whose Webcomics are cheered by online readers.
I’m pretty stoked, I must say! Thanks so much to Mary Quattlebaum for the write-up!
Ugh, drawing my boyfriend…
- spanish and italian: So THESE words are feminine and THESE words are masculine, and you ALWAYS put an adjective AFTER the noun.
- french: haha i dont fuckin know man just do whatever
- german: LET'S ADD A NEUTRAL NOUN HAHA
- english: *shooting up in the bathroom*
- gaelic: the pronounciation changes depending on the gender and what letter the word starts and ends with and hahah i dont even know good fucking luck
- polish: here have all of these consonants have fun
- japanese: subject article noun article verb. too bad there's three fucking alphabets lmao hope your first language isn't western
- welsh: sneeze, and chances are you've got it right. idfk
- chinese: here's a picture. draw it. it means something. it can be pronounced four different ways. these twenty other pictures are pronounced the same but have very different meanings. godspeed.
- arabic: so here's this one word. it actually translates to three words. also pronouns don't really exist. the gender is all in the verb. have fun!
- latin: here memorize 500 charts and then you still dont know what the fuck is happening
- sign language: If you move this sign by a tenth of an inch, you'll be signing "penis"
- russian: idk man its pronounced like its spelt but good fucking luck spelling it
- Greek: so basically we're going to add 15 syllables to every word you know and assign it one of 3 genders at random. Also good luck figuring out where to put the accents you piece of shit